Frequently Asked Questions
As a new event we understand you may have questions – find the answers to many queries here. If you still have queries please email us at email@example.com
Tickets and Booking
We highly recommend buying your tickets in advance. Each time slot has limited availability and the most popular slots sell out quickly. Plus, you will save money by buying online in advance.
Please bring your ticket with the QR code on it. This can be via a printed ticket or mobile phone.
Tickets are only valid for the specific date and entry time stated on the ticket. You may be refused entry if you arrive after your chosen time.
Please check your junk folder first. If you cannot find it please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes, you can do this by emailing our team at email@example.com – please provide a minimum of 48 hours notice to ensure your booking can be changed. Changes will depend on the availability of tickets.
The Event itself
Yes. Spectacle of Light is suitable for all ages.
We recommend allowing 75 minutes for the experience; however, you can enjoy the Spectacle at your own pace and stay for longer if you wish.
- Spectacle of Light will only be cancelled if either extreme weather makes the route unsafe, if there is a major fault in our electrical supply or equipment, or Government restrictions on the pandemic tighten once again.
- Spectacle of Light is an outdoor event and will not be cancelled due to rain or extreme cold. Visitors are advised to dress appropriately for the weather conditions. No refunds will be offered if the weather is inclement but the Spectacle is safe to go ahead.
- In the event of a cancellation, we would attempt to re-allocate your tickets to an alternative evening. However, if this is not possible and you would prefer a refund, payment will be made to you within 14 days.
- A decision to cancel the event would be taken at 2pm on the day of the event. Shortly after that we would endeavour to contact you by email, a notice would be posted on our website and updates would be issued through our social media channels.
- If you are concerned about the weather conditions on the evening of your visit, please check the website to confirm that the event is going ahead.
Yes, please do! Photography and video for personal use and sharing via social media is encouraged. Share them with us using #spectacleoflight #boughtonhouse Photography for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited. Please contact us with any specific requests.
No. The Drone Code specifies that drones should not be flown within 150m of a crowd therefore drones are not allowed at the Spectacle of Light.
Please use the postcode NN14 3AG and then follow the Spectacle of Light signs. Do not follow the brown ‘Boughton House’ signs.
Our parking attendants will ensure you get parked safely. Please follow all signs directing you to Spectacle of Light. Please allow at least five minutes to park and walk to the Spectacle of Light entrance.
Yes! There are opportunities to buy delicious food and drink both before and during your light experience. Hot drinks and a variety of hot scrumptious food will be available on the route and at the end.
- Parts of the route are accessible however ground surfaces vary throughout making access potentially difficult. Accessibility can also be weather dependent as sometimes the paths get muddy if there is heavy rainfall.
- Personal caring assistants must be over 16 years of age and capable of supporting their companion with specific needs in the event of an emergency or evacuation of the area. Carers go free when assisting their companion who pays the full ticket price.
- Assistance dogs are welcome at the event, as are other dogs on leads.
We would recommend bringing young children in a sling or carrier instead of a buggy/pushchair. Ground surfaces vary throughout and may not be suitable for prams following bad weather.
Unfortunately we do not.
There may be flashing lights but no strobe lighting.
We recommend wrapping up cosy and warm, bringing a waterproof just in case and dressing appropriately for being outdoors. Please wear sturdy comfortable shoes appropriate for Autumn.